Lesson Plan - Get It!
Did you know that there are different ways to hold a pencil? Really? Find out why that's so important!
Holding your pencil correctly is the first step to perfecting your handwriting.
Why not practice this now? Get a pencil and follow these directions:
- Lay a pencil down in front of you on the table.
- Then, pinch the pencil with your thumb and pointer finger close to the tip of the pencil.
- Lift the pencil up off the table.
- Flip the pencil so the end of the pencil is resting between your thumb and pointer finger.
- Your thumb and pointer finger are pinching the pencil and it is resting on your middle finger. Your hand should look like the picture above.
Now, you are ready to begin writing!
When you write your letters, you should stay in the lines on the paper. Your letters will begin at the top line and move to the bottom line, just like the picture below:
In the Got It? section, you will practice writing your name. Before you move to the Got It? section, spell your name out loud for your parent or teacher.
- What letters do you need to make your name?
- How many letters are in your name?
Be sure to do the same thing for your last name.
Now, you are ready to practice these letters in the Got It? section.