Lesson Plan - Get It!
Flowers are beautiful and have so much more to offer than just beauty. Bugs have a lot to do with how flowers grow. This lesson will teach you the relationship bugs have with making flowers!
- Have you ever noticed a bee buzzing around a flower?
- Did you ever wonder why the bee is there?
Ask a parent or teacher if they have ever seen a bug, like a bee or ladybug, attracted to a flower. Discuss with them why they think certain bugs are attracted to certain flowers. For instance, a honeybee is attracted to bright flowers.
As the bee lands on the flower, pollen sticks to its body. In this Characteristics of Insect Pollinated Flowers by CBSE video, you will see why this is important to how flowers grow:
In your notebook, write down some bugs mentioned in the video.
- What did you learn about pollen?
- What is pollination?
- Why is pollination important to flowers?
- What is the bug's role in pollination?
Discuss these questions with a parent or teacher. See what they know about bugs and flowers!