Lesson Plan - Get It!
Look at this photograph:
- How does it make you feel?
- What emotions does it bring up?
- How does the gorilla seem to be feeling?
In this third Related Lesson of our novel study, you will continue to think deeply about what you're reading.
Through analyzing and sharing your thoughts, you will practice the skill of reading beyond surface level, which will help you understand ALL texts better.
Look back at the image of the gorilla in the cage. Pick the important words that show your thoughts and feelings and the gorilla's emotions.
Now, use those words to create a Word Art image that expresses your thoughts and feelings!
- Click on Create Now.
- Type your words in the box on the left.
- You can change the size, font, color, and shape if you want to.
- Click the red Visualize button above the box on the right.
- You can print or download your image to save it!
After you create your own Word Art, take a look at the one I made:
Now that you are thinking about how gorillas in captivity feel, relate that to how Ivan and the other animal characters are feeling in The One and Only Ivan.
- How do the characters demonstrate their feelings?
Now that you're really putting yourself in the shoes of the characters we're reading about, let's see what's going to happen next. Oh, I can hardly wait to see!
Read pages 101 to 120 right now.
Once you finish, head over to the Got It? section where we will work together more!