Lesson Plan - Get It!
If you could be anything you want to be when you grow up, what would you be? An athlete? A dancer? A doctor? How about a chef? With so many careers to choose from, there’s no limit to what you can become! Read on to learn about some exciting job choices!
One of the best things about being a grown-up is being able to choose a career that allows us to help others and support our families.
Most careers require special training, so it is helpful to have an idea of what you want to be when you are young. But it’s okay if you change your mind! Even some grown-ups try one career for a while, and then they change to another career.
Let’s take a look at some of the careers you can choose from when you’re older. As you watch When I Grow Up...? 10 Cool Jobs For Kids, from Kiddo Club, think about which jobs sound interesting to you:
Wow! There are so many cool jobs.
- What else did you learn from the video?
- How does a teacher help people?
- Why is it important for a doctor to have special training?
- What does an astronaut do?
- How does a firefighter help people?
- Why is it important for a lawyer to know and understand our laws?
- Are you interested in any of the jobs from the video? If so, which one?
Think about what your parents, grandparents, and other grown-ups you know do as a job. Ask them if they needed special training for that job.
- Is that something you think you might like do to someday?
Now you’ve learned about some of the occupations you can choose from when you become an adult.
Continue to the Got It? page to hear a story and play a fun matching game!