Lesson Plan - Get It!
Did you know that you are an expert at many things? Did you know that since you are an expert, you can easily become an author of a "How To" book?
- Have you ever thought about all the steps that it takes to do daily tasks?
- For example, how many steps do you take when you pour a glass of milk?
Watch How To Pour a Glass of Milk by Laura Hill:
- Even though this video is silly, did you know that there are seven steps when pouring milk?
- Have you ever eaten an Oreo cookie? Aren't they yummy?
- Do we all eat them the same way?
- How do you eat an Oreo cookie?
Think about it!
- Do you twist yours open and lick the creamy middle first?
- Do you just take a bite?
- Do you dip yours in milk?
With the permission of your teacher or parent, get an Oreo cookie and begin to eat it slowly.
- Are you twisting it? Biting it? Dipping it?
Remember, there is no one right way to eat an Oreo. You are an expert at eating it your way!
Print How Do You Eat an Oreo Cookie? found in Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar. Carefully write down the steps you took while you ate your Oreo cookie. Ask your teacher or parent to help you if you need help.
It is important to slow down and carefully think about the steps you took. Re-read your steps.
- Do they make sense?
- Did you skip any steps?
- Did you provide exact details?
Great work! Now, let's move on.
- Are you ready to be an author?