Lesson Plan - Get It!
Although these pictures are of people from different areas and cultures, what do they all have in common?
If you guessed that they are all families, you are correct!
- There are all types of families in this world!
- What do you think makes a family?
- Do you think they all have to live together?
- Do they all love and care for one another?
- Do you need parents and children to make a family?
- Talk about your ideas with your teacher.
To learn more about the different types of families there are in the world, listen to the story All Kinds of Families by Mary Ann Hoberman read by Emily Cook (below). After listening to the story, think about whether your ideas about what makes a family changed:
Listen to this fun song from Sesame Street called The Family Song (below). Besides human families, what other creatures have families?
All families help each other, so together you can be strong!
- What can you do to make your family strong?
- Would helping around the house and doing a few chores make your family strong?
- What about being kind to your sibling(s) or parent(s)?
- Think of two more ways that you can help to make your family strong, and share them with your parent or teacher.