Lesson Plan - Get It!
- Do you know how to spell your name?
- Have you ever wondered who came up with the alphabet letters to spell your name?
Well, the Ancient Romans did! Jump in to this lesson and let's explore more about Ancient Rome!
The empire of Ancient Rome was very powerful!
It started as a small empire and grew to take over many lands because of its strong army and military leaders.
Other empires wanted to be like the conquering Roman Empire. The rich people in the Roman Empire lived in beautiful homes with indoor plumbing. There were many concerts and plays Roman citizens could attend in the amphitheater.
- Would you like to learn more about what the Roman Empire looked like?
Take a picture walk to some of Rome's most famous buildings!
- Which building did you like the most? Why?
- What do you think about the public baths? Would you go to them?
- Would you rather see the naval battles in the Colosseum or the chariot races as the Cirus Maximus?
Explore more about living in Ancient Rome with BBC Bitesize What was life like in ancient Rome?
Next, watch a video about life in ancient Rome while completing the Graphic Organizer - Venn Diagram from the Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
- Label the left circle RICH and the right circle POOR.
- When you hear a difference in the lives of the rich and the ordinary or poor citizens in the Roman Empire be sure to write them in the correct circles.
- When you hear a similarity write it in the middle where the two circles overlap.
Life in Ancient Rome from Fernando Domenech:
Look at your Graphic Organizer - Venn Diagram.
- What did you learn from the video?
- Did anything surprise you?
- How different was life between the rich and poor?
When you are ready to learn more about Roman life, move on the Got It? page!