Lesson Plan - Get It!
- How do hierarchies exist in a society?
- How does the social structure of a civilization function?
Social structures existed thousands of years ago as they do today.
- How were people organized in society?
- Who was at the top of the social structure and who was at the bottom?
- Why did a hierarchy even exist?
- Were people peaceful?
In this lesson, you will explore the social characteristics of the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Mesopotamia, China, and India.
Use the Graphic Organizer – Notes, found in the Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar, to take notes on the social characteristics of ancient civilizations. You may want to divide the notes into four sections: Egypt, Mesopotamia, China, and India.
As you are reading and watching the videos pay close attention to the society or social structure of each of the civilizations. A suggested answer key can be found on Ancient Civilizations – Social Characteristics – Notes – Answer Key, also found in the Downloadable Resources.
First, read through the following resources.
Then, watch the following videos.
After checking your Notes against the Answer Key, head on over to the Got It? section.