Lesson Plan - Get It!
We see images in the clouds all the time. Did you ever look at the night sky and see a picture?
What does this group of stars look like to you?
Astronomy is the branch of science that deals with stars, comets, planets, and galaxies. Astronomers are scientists who study each of those.
This lesson focuses on stars and constellations.
Stars can be fascinating and mysterious. What are some questions you have about the stars? Perhaps you wonder…
- Why are some stars brighter than others?
- What are stars made of?
- Are all stars the same size?
- What is the closest star to Earth?
- What are constellations, and how do they appear in the sky?
- Why are stars important?
All of these questions and more will be answered as you examine these twinkling, shiny gems of the universe. You will investigate the characteristics of stars and constellations using engaging videos, fun activities, and super-star projects.
1. Watch SciShow Kids What Are Stars? to learn about the sizes, colors, and energy of stars.
3. Discuss the facts you learn from the video and the book with your teacher.