Lesson Plan - Get It!
This blueprint of a building has several geometric shapes in it. How many of them can you name? You may not be able to find all of them, but you will learn all about them in this lesson!
In geometry, we learn a lot about shapes and their characteristics, or what they look like.
- Before starting the lesson, print out the Identifying Shapes worksheet found under Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
- Cut out each shape and glue them to a large piece of construction paper or poster board.
- Using sticky notes, write a name for each shape and put the sticky note under the shape on the construction paper.
- Do the best you can. We will come back to this later on in the lesson to see how you did.
- Next, using the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, define the following words:
- plane geometry
- 2 dimensional
- vertex / vertices
Before moving on to the Got It? section to check your ability to identify shapes, watch the following Polygon Song (Learn Polygons for Kids - Classic Video):
Now, move on to the Got It? section.