Lesson Plan - Get It!
Angles are amazing! They are everywhere! Without them, you couldn't turn a corner or frame a picture!
- How do we measure these angles?
- What types of angles are there?
- What is a protractor and how is it used?
In this lesson, you will learn how to measure and draw angles, and use a protractor. You will explore measuring and drawing angles with educational videos, online math problems, printable activities, a virtual protractor activity, and fun projects!
Let’s learn how we can measure and draw angles and use a protractor.
1. Answer the following questions as you watch Measuring Angles from BrainPop UK (below).
What is a vertex?
How are angles named?
What are some examples of angles in everyday life?
What is a protractor used for? What does a protractor represent?
What is an acute angle? A right angle? An obtuse angle? A straight angle?
2. Complete the Angle Word Search activity found in the Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
3. Learn more about how to use protractors by watching the following video from TenMarks Amazon (below). Answer the following questions as you watch:
How is a piece of paper helpful when beginning to measure angles?
How should you begin measuring an angle on a protractor?
Where should the vertex of the angle be placed on a protractor?
How do you decide which number to use on a protractor?
Why is it important to align the protractor correctly?
4. Now let’s practice type of angles and measuring angles with the following online math problems from IXL Learning, Inc.: