Lesson Plan - Get It!
- Do you love to eat?
- What is your favorite meal of the day?
- Do you have a favorite fruit or vegetable?
Food is everywhere and is involved in almost everything we do.
Ask a parent or teacher what their favorite food is.
- Why is it their favorite?
- Do you tend to like sweets and foods that may not be good for you?
Trying to find healthy choices can be a challenge. The best way to eat is to stick to foods that are grown.
- Can you name some foods that are grown?
Continue to discuss these questions with your parent or teacher, and write your answers in your notebook.
Also, use your notebook to take notes while watching this Benefits of eating fruits and vegetables - For kids (children) by I am Daniel video:
- What did you learn about fruits and vegetables?
- Did you understand why choosing them over junk food is a better choice?
Ask your parent or teacher what they think. Discuss their answers and yours and record them in your notebook.
Challenge yourself by completing the Fruit and Vegetable Sort found under Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
Now try sorting fruits and vegetables by their names!
Drag the names of the fruits and vegetables drop them into the correct box.
When you are finished, move on to the Got It? section to learn more about fruits and vegetables!