Lesson Plan - Get It!
What do you see when you look at a flower? Did you ever wonder, "What is the purpose of flowers?" In this lesson, you will learn that flowers have more to offer than just being beautiful!
Flowers are found all over the world, in every country and continent.
Learn about which flowers are found in your area.
- Do you know what flower is your state flower?
Explore 50States.com State Flowers List, by Digital Properties, LLC, to find out!
- What is the role of flowers?
- Have you ever looked at a flower and thought about how pretty it is?
- Did you know there is more to flowers than just their looks?
Flowers are tools plants use to produce seeds. Take notes in your notebook and learn the parts of the flower by watching this Parts of a Flower Tutorial by dpingel1 video:
- What did you learn about flowers and pollination?
Pollination is the act of transferring pollen grains from the male anther of a flower to the female stigma. Every living organism has a goal to create offspring, including flowers. Flowers have pollen and must rely on vectors (bugs that carry pollen, such as bees) to spread the pollen.
Ask a parent or teacher what they know about flowers, and add to, or check against, your notes.
Then, continue on to the Got It? section to see what flowers do.