Lesson Plan - Get It!
If you haven't yet, you need to be thinking about your future career.
- What would you like to do and why?
- Do you think your family has an impact on the career that you choose? If so, how?
Let's explore and have fun doing it!
"Like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one." - Unknown
- How will your family affect the career that you choose for your future?
There could be positive influences that may attract you to certain careers or there may be negative influences that may turn you away from certain careers. Both can play a significant role.
Some influences include:
- jobs our family members have
- their attitudes toward their career
- their work ethic
- your family’s education level
Is there a family business in your family? Would you be interested in working for the family business?
Are you more likely to pursue a career that someone in your family already has because that is the career you know most about? Why or why not?
Are there any careers your family members really want you to pursue or really do not want you to pursue?
Think about your family’s attitude towards education. Do you think you could be influenced by your family about whether or not you go to college?
During this lesson, you will create a career tree. A career tree is similar to a family tree, but you will focus more on the career choices of your family members.
You will learn about:
- your family members' career choices throughout their lives
- whether or not they enjoy their careers
- whether or not there is a career that several of your family members have pursued