Lesson Plan - Get It!
Can you count to 100? Do you know a quicker way to count to 100? We can skip some numbers that we know are there, and count more quickly. Let's do it!
- Do you know a quicker way to count to 100?
We can skip some numbers that we know are there, and count more quickly. One of the quickest ways is by counting by 10s.
- Print out this Hundreds Chart from Classroomjr.com that has the numbers filled in.
- I want you to start right before the 1 and count 10 spaces. What number did you land on? Yes, the 10. Color that space in.
- Now count another 10 spaces from the number 10. What number did you land on? 20? Good! Now color in that space.
- Again, count 10 spaces and color in that space. Are you starting to see a pattern? What space do you think you will color in next?
- Count another 10 spaces and color in that space. Were you correct with your guess?
- Continue coloring in every 10 spaces until you get to 100. Great, now you have all of the 10s colored in (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100).
Can you say each 10 with your teacher and count by 10s to 100? Excellent! Now let’s practice counting by 10s with the Climbing Up This Mountain (Counting by 10s up to 100) song by Harry Kindergarten Music: