Lesson Plan - Get It!
- Have you ever noticed how much trash you throw away daily?
Take a moment to look around your home and in your various wastebaskets and trash cans.
- Are your cans full or nearly full of items that have been thrown away?
List items you see in your kitchen trash can.
- Did you know that many of the items you find in your trash can be recycled?
Recycled means to take something old or used and make it into something new or useful again.
Think about your trash list as you watch the video below to learn more about recycling.
After watching, answer these questions.
- What is recycling?
- What types of trash can be recycled?
- Why is it important to recycle?
- How big is 5 billion tons?
- What are the three R words to remember about trash?
- What percentage of trash can be recycled?
If you need help answering, watch the video again.
When you are ready, head over to the Got It? section!