Lesson Plan - Get It!
- Do you like having someone read to you?
- What is your favorite story to have someone read aloud to you?
- Did you know that everyone -- even adults -- likes to have books read aloud to them?
How fun that this never has to end!
- Do you know what an interactive read-aloud is?
An interactive read-aloud is when a book is read aloud to you with pauses, giving you time to think about or discuss the book.
How fun! You don't need to wait until the very end to share your ideas!
When a book is read aloud to you, you can listen and really pay attention to what is happening in the text and pictures.
The book might even be a little bit harder than what you choose to read by yourself. This is important because it helps you to think and share your thoughts about books.
- So what do you, as the listener, do during an interactive read-aloud?
Your job is to:
- Keep your eyes on the book and the person reading.
- Think about what is being read.
- Wait until the reader pauses to talk and share.
- Focus on the book when listening and talking.
- Does this sound like something you can do?
I know you can!
Let's get to it in the Got It? section!