Lesson Plan - Get It!
- Do you live in a house that looks like the one above?
- What shapes, colors, and other features make this building interesting?
- What does your dream house look like?
Being an architect — a person who designs new buildings — can be a very interesting job.
Think about what it must be like to imagine cool new building ideas and then seeing them built. Imagine driving by a beautiful building that was once just a thought in your head!
In this lesson, you are going to examine some fascinating architecture, and you will create your very own building design. First, take a look at some of the skills you need to draw your own building design.
Watch Creative Cricket's How to Draw a House Step by Step – Art Lesson for Kids about drawing a house (below). As you watch, write down at least five important tips for drawing a house design mentioned in the video:
Collect your information and share the tips you gathered with your parent or teacher. Then, discuss these questions together:
- What are the things an architect should think about when designing a house?
- How do you think older building designs can influence newer ones?
- How do you think newer buildings can improve upon older designs?
Architects, like other artists, rarely come up with completely new ideas. Most often, they borrow ideas from the past and give them a new “twist.”
In the Got It? section, gather some inspiration and ideas from the architecture of Korea!