Lesson Plan - Get It!
With Charles Darnay arrested again, more mysteries swirl around the Manette family:
- Who is the third person to denounce Darnay?
- What evidence do the three denouncers have to imprison Darnay again?
- Who is the mysterious visitor to just arrive at Mr. Lorry's residence in London?
- Who emerges as the story's hero?
Read the final section of A Tale of Two Cities to discover the answer to all these mysteries!
In the fourth Related Lesson, found in the right-hand sidebar, you read about Darnay's release from imprisonment and his sudden re-arrest only hours later.
- Do you think there is just cause to re-arrest Darnay?
- Why or why not?
In the final chapters of the novel, discover the outcome of Darnay's arrest.
- Do you think he, or any of the Manettes, will ever be able to leave France?
Image by Fred Barnard, via Wikimedia Commons, is in the public domain.
As you read the final chapters of "Book the Third," look for the answers to the mysteries of Darnay's third denouncer, the evidence that is presented against him at his new trial, and which character has arrived at Mr. Lorry's residence in Paris.
If you do not have access to A Tale of Two Cities book, you may use this Planet Publish PDF.
You are now ready to finish the novel! Read Chapters 8-15 from "Book the Third."
When you have finished reading, move on to the Got It? section and check your comprehension of the plot and characters from the novel.