Lesson Plan - Get It!
Jealousy and anger can be a deadly combination! Do you know what jealousy and anger are, and how to handle those feelings?
Find a seat on a comfy family room or living room sofa as we get ready to dive into reading about two brothers who had problem with anger and jealousy that had deadly consequences for one!
PARENT or TEACHER: Please read over these directions before sharing with your student.
- Read aloud Genesis 4:1-16 (Parents, you may have your student read aloud, or you may read to your student while he or she follows along in his or her Bible.)
- Retell the story of Cain and Abel in your own words to your parents (Parents, no correcting! It is a first assessment of comprehension and retention.).
- Additional questions to discuss with your parents:
- Who are the main people in this story?
- What is happening in this story?
- Where is this story taking place?
- When did this story take place?
- Why do you think Cain killed Abel?
- Who are the main people in this story? (God, Cain, and Abel)
- What is happening in this story? (Cain became jealous because his brother did right and he did wrong. His anger killed his brother!)
- Where is this story taking place? (in a field)
- When did this story take place? (long time ago)
- Why do you think Cain killed Abel? (anger, jealousy)
- Ready to put all this new information to task?
Dive into choosing something fun to help you learn more in the Got It? section!