Lesson Plan - Get It!
This one is for all Harry Potter Fans! Even if you're not, take a moment to watch Harry, Ron & Hermione // Seven Years Of Friendship this video:
From what you watched in the video, or what you know of the story, what made these three such close friends? How did they remain friends through all the chaos?
Discuss your answers to the questions regarding the video with your teacher or parent.
Think about these questoins:
- How do our interactions with others form our perception of identity?
- Are we judged by the company we keep?
- Do we begin to share characteristics with those with whom we share company?
Look back at the Harry Potter characters.
- Were they well-liked by their peers at school?
- What did they have in common?
- What bonds held them together?
As you think about these questions, think about the connections the boys from The Outsiders share, and why they have such close bonds with one another.
In this particular section, we are going to take a look at the individual characters and their respective reputations.
Let's begin by defining reputation. What does that word mean to you? Discuss this with your teacher or parent.
Print The Outsiders Character Traits packet found in the Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
Complete the packet using the book as a guide. When you have finished the packet, share your work with your teacher or parent and explain why you chose the character you did as your favorite.