Lesson Plan - Get It!
You are going to love, love, love this version of The Three Little Pigs!
Watch this readaloud video with your teacher, then talk about the three pigs and their houses! Later in the lesson, you will get to think about the kind of house you would build so the “big bad wolf” won’t blow your house down!
The Three Little Pigs - Story Time with Ms. Booksy (Cool School):
The setting of a story is when and where it takes place.
Today, we are going to focus on where a story takes place. Knowing where the story takes place will help you understand the story better.
Answer these questions with your teacher:
- Where do you sleep?
- Where do you eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
- Where do you play with your toys?
- Where do you go on vacation?
All of these places are settings!
Now, let's think about one of your favorite books or fairy tales.
- Why don't you and your teacher look at a book and do a picture walk?
A picture walk is simply starting at the beginning of a book and paging through it to the end. Look at the pictures as you page through your book. You should be able to look at picture clues and some text to figure out where the story takes place.
Now read the book and discuss where the story takes place. Use pictures and text to identify the setting of the story.
Let's revisit The Three Little Pigs story.
- Where did the story take place, or what was the setting?
I bet you knew that the story took place in the three pigs' houses, right?
- How did you know that was the setting?
- Did you look at the pictures and see how the entire story took place in their houses?