Lesson Plan - Get It!
2, 4, 6, 8, Who do you appreciate? Skip counting, skip counting!
- Do you know that cheer?
- Do you appreciate skip counting?
- You should, becuse it helps you count more quickly and will help you with multiplication when you are older. 2, 4, 6, 8; do you know what skip counting pattern those numbers make?
Skip Counting is counting by a number that is not 1.
Draw out a simple number line to see what skip counting looks like:
First, write out the numbers 1-8 on a piece of paper:
Circle the 2, then the 4, then the 6, then the 8.
- Do you see a pattern now?
You circled every second number; that means you were counting by 2s!
Let's learn more about counting by 2's with the video below!
Skip Counting by 2 | Math for 1st Grade & Kindergarten | Kids Academy:
- Did you learn a lot about skip counting?
- Do you remember what comes after 2 when you count by 2's?
Wow! Great work.
Now listen to the Count By 2 song from Mr. R's Songs for Teaching. It will help you remember how to count by 2's!
Continue on to the Got It? section to skip some bigger numbers!