Lesson Plan - Get It!
Are you ready to go on a scavenger hunt? I hope so! Grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Head to your bedroom and count the number of pants (or shorts) you have. Weird? Keep reading!
On a piece of paper, write your name and how many pants you have.
Keep hunting around the house to find how many pants all the other members of your family have. Write each of their names and how many they have. Do you dare to hunt in the dirty laundry?
Now that you have all the information, called data, you are going to make a table. Not a table you eat on, but a math table.
A math table helps make all the information you have clear and easy to understand.
- Print out the Table Template from Downloadable Resources in the right-hand sidebar.
- On the top, write the title, so people know what they are going to learn about when they see it.
- You also need to name each column.
- On left side, you will write everyone’s name, so title it "Name."
- On the right side, title it "How Many?"
- Write everyone’s name on the left side, and on the right side, write how many pants they have.
- Look at your table to answer these questions:
- Who has the most pants?
- Who has the least?
- What is the difference between how many pants you have and your mom or dad has?
Continue on to the Got It? section to play an online game and learn to make a graph.